Get involved with student groups on campus 和 engage with sustainability 和 climate action through research, 教育, 激进主义, 或做志愿者.
- SGA可持续发展委员会 works with students 和 administrators in developing policies 和 building infrastructure to increase campus sustainability, 包括能源消耗, 减少废物, 节约用水. 了解更多.
- 发芽纽约 provides college student-led environmental 教育 to public elementary schools across the city. Become a Sprout Up educator 和 help inspire young students with an appreciation for nature. 联系哥伦比亚分会 email@example.com or 了解更多.
- 的 bet8登录社区花园 launched in the summer of 2018, 和 consists of a small raised bed in the quad. 我们目前正在扩建花园, 如果你对园艺感兴趣, 食物公正, 或者管理校园的户外空间, 到花园去 BarnardGarden@gmail.com 参与其中.
- 的 bet8登录户外探险队 is a student-led group that embarks on hikes 和 overnights in the wilderness of New York state. 了解更多 或者联系他们 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 的 雅典娜研究员计划 is a great opportunity to imagine 和 launch your own climate action project
- Work for our office as a student employee or work with one of our peer to peer 教育s programs: EcoReps (Active during move in 和 move out) 和 Sustainable 和 健康y Food (Active throughout fall 和 spring semester)
- 日出哥伦比亚/bet8登录 是更大国家的一个篇章吗 日出运动 应对气候变化. 了解更多.
- 灭绝叛乱哥伦比亚 亲和组是 灭绝叛乱纽约 whose aim is to compel world's governments to address the climate 和 ecological emergency. 了解更多.
在2019年秋天，我们推出了我们的 学生气候行动补助金计划. Ambitious proposals from students were awarded funding to support projects relating to climate action on campus. Check back for updates on our next application period.
- 的 Hysteria Club, funding for a sustainable period workshop 和 75 menstrual cups to give away.
- @Barnardfits was awarded funding to host campus wide clothing, dorm room 和 艺术 exhcange.
- Angelo Caglioti (History 教师) was awarded funding for speakers to take his class "Water Histories: Society, 环境, 和 Power in Golabl History" on field trips around NYC 和 to a NYC reservoir.
- 迈克尔·惠顿(心理学学院), 克洛伊Capetanos, 和 Emma Ziessler of the Barnard Psychology dep艺术ment plan to study the potential barriers to using second h和 clothing including fears of contamination, emotional experiences 和 psychological factors.
- Cathedral Garden's 教师 社区 Garden was awarded funds to repair garden beds, 创造一个垂直的花园空间, 安装一个堆肥滚筒.
- Keith Gabora (Head Grounds Keeper) was awarded funding for an electric lawn mower.
- 的 Barnard Garden Club was awarded funding to plant an edible garden 和 a perennial pollinator garden in Morningside Park
- Sprout Up was awarded funding to teaching young students how to grow their own edible plants. 的 grant will cover the cost of 种子, produce, soil, 和 compostable pots.
- 的 Design Center has been given a grant to cover the costs of research books, 种子, 和 growing supplies to st艺术 a natural dye garden.
- Emma Palmer ’20 和 Grace Palmer ’20 received $1,500来创建一个跨学科的, site-specific performance at Black Rock Forest
- SGA 可持续性 Committee members Maggie Pahl ’20, 伊莎贝尔·奥坎波22岁, 和 Linda Chen ’23 received $350 to host a c校园CSA聚餐
- Barnard Garden Club leader Natasha Reich ’21 received just over $1,000 to install new planter beds on the Milstein Garden Terrace
- Isabel Kovacs ’20, Molly Shapiro ’20, 和 Wanja Waweru CC’20 received $660 to support Sprout Up
- 20岁的蕾切尔·盖茨和23岁的安娜贝拉·巴罗卡斯, members of the SGA 可持续性 Committee, received $400 to host a public talk by Jennie Romer
- Rachel Gates ’20 also received $250 to help the College create 和 manage Zero Waste P艺术y Packs
阅读更多关于这些项目的信息 在这里. Due to the rapid closing of the campus due to COVID-19, several of these projects were canceled or put on hold.
使用 bet8网页登录 to find off-campus internships 和 opportunities related to the fields of environment 和 climate justice. 例子包括:
- 哈莱姆长大 is a local non-profit aimed at educating youth about 食物公正 和 healthy living.
- 气候博物馆 一个新的博物馆是运用科学的吗, 艺术, 和 design to evoke dialogue 和 innovation surrounding the challenges of climate change.
- 我们的行为 is a local non-profit based in Harlem that exp和s political p艺术icipation in communities of color to impact environmental decision making.
- 拉蒙特-多尔蒂地球观测站 is a center at Columbia for research into the origin, evolution, 和 future of the natural world.
- 412食物救援 p艺术ners with food retailers non-profits to aid those experiencing food insecurity.
- 无化石燃料指数 analyzes carbon emissions data in order to support the transition to a low carbon economy through responsible investing.
看看 Rheaply，我们的自由交流平台! A great opportunity to practice reuse on campus!
可持续发展指南2022; distributed to incoming first year students during NSOP, but great for everyone!